home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Guest bedroom inspiration and purchases

Our guest room is undergoing a very slow makeover. I've managed to sell most of its belongings, paint it white and make a few purchases. Still on the to do list is to build a new headboard. I had a "great idea" floating around in my head but once I priced the materials for my "great idea" it didn't seem so great anymore. Boo!

Plan B involves a headboard along these lines...
Plan B also involves about half the material of my original plan. My wallet is thanking me already.

I found these cute hangers at Homegoods and liked the decorative element they add to the room when not in use. I've yet to transform the previous owner's wine storage area into an actual closet so in the meantime, this luggage rack from Ikea will do the trick (see it in the mirror?).

Speaking of mirror, I'm kind of loving this big, round beauty I picked up at Wisteria's warehouse sale. I'm pretty sure warehouse sales are my favorite thing ever! There's something so fun about digging for a bargain and the anticipation of waiting in line to get in. Did I mention I also love the cheap prices that go hand in hand with a good warehouse sale?!

Back to that wine storage area that needs to be converted to a closet...it doesn't have doors so I'm thinking this fabric from Nate Berkus' new line would make a great divider.

Here's an idea I wrestled with for a little while. Railroad ties as a platform...hmmm, different and interesting but how does one get that many of these big, heavy objects from point A to point B without renting a trailer? Yeah, that's a problem, but I sure do like the look!

Hopefully, I'll have some progress pictures to share soon. As soon as my carpenter, loving husband and I fine tune the details.


3 comments:

pam {simple details} said...

Oooh, I can tell this is going to be another one of your killer ideas, sure to earn lots of REs!! :)

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

I wish we'd have warehouse sales around my neck of the woods. Love the mirror.
The Railroad ties idea is so super cool but I thought they were toxic. At least that's what I was told when I wanted to built a coffee table at some point...hmmm not sure.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I love your creative woodworking projects Dana. So interested to see what is coming to this guest room. I'm sure it will be unique and fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips