home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Army Cot Love

You guys offered up tons of great advice earlier this week (you're the best, by the way) and I'm happy to report that I'm now the proud owner of a vintage army cot. It looks old and raggedy but that's just the way I like it! Well, kind of. The canvas is a tad bit too old and raggedy so it will have to be replaced, but the base is perfection.

 Are you wondering how much I paid for it? I guess it's only fair to share this information since I asked you what you would spend, right? I emailed the seller and asked if $35- $40 was in the range of what he was expecting to receive. He responded that $35 was great. Done. It was mine! I was so impressed that he didn't take advantage of me for the extra 5 bucks.

In this shot you can see the stairs curving over head. It's going to be a cozy little area when all is said and done.

 Here you get a better perspective of the space. The zebra bench will be exiting, as will the doggie bed that's trying to camouflage into the bottom stairs in this shot.

I got even more excited about our new cot when I saw how fun they look when covered with amazing textiles...


Then, I realized what a steal I got as I searched around Etsy and found out these babies sell for a pretty penny!
$130 (with shipping) from AntikaGarage Etsy Shop

$205 (with shipping) from etsy shop, wooddesignsby

Thanks again to those of you who offered up your two cents!

4 comments:

Interior Design Musings said...

Dana,
I think that cot is the perfect solution for that spot. It's chic and unexpected while creating function! Can't wait to see what you do with it! M.

Cassie Bustamante said...

ok now i think i want one- it's awesome! and i am so glad you went in the lower range. :)

pam {simple details} said...

LOVE it!!! Dying to see what fabric you choose, I know you didn't ask :) but I could see something bright and bold tribal, boho, kilim rug looking. Oh my gosh, what a fun diy!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Oh I'm happy for you Dana! That WAS a steal and how fun and unique to have in your home! Keep us posted with this space, it's so interesting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips