home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Random Act of Kindness # 57

Every year I look forward to fall for one reason...soups and chili. Technically that's two reasons, but you catch my drift.

In today's Random Act of Kindness Challenge you get to whip of a batch of this yumminess and call up a neighbor.

We were fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of this RAK earlier this week. My neighbor and amazingly awesome friend, Katie, invited us over for soup and salad. Preparing dinner is somewhat of a chore for me, definitely something I do out of necessity and not pleasure. So, when Katie asked if we'd come over, it took all of 2 seconds for me to say "YES!"

Each time my mind wandered to, "Hummm, what am I going to make for dinner?", it was like a little treat when I remembered we were headed to Katie's and this chore had been removed from my plate!

Look, I'm even going to make this easy for ya...here's a recipe for your RAK meal:

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
Servings: 10

1 onion, chopped 
1 16-oz can black beans 
1 16-oz can kidney beans 
1 8-oz can tomato sauce 
10 oz package frozen corn kernels 
2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies 
1 packet taco seasoning 
1 tbsp cumin 
1 tbsp chili powder 
24 0z. (3) boneless skinless chicken breasts 
chili peppers, chopped (optional)
chopped fresh cilantro 
  
Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Top with fresh cilantro. Serve with cheese and sour cream.

Recipe courtesy of Skinnytaste.com.

Okay, friends, it's that time...go out and be kind!

4 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

this is a great idea! :) and yummy, too! oh i wish you were my neighbor calling me up.

pam {simple details} said...

Would you send this to my neighbor, please?! :)

charmaine said...

This looks good! I'm going to try this. Thanks!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Wow does that sound good! I have to make this soon!
I have a friend that practices random acts of kindness like this on me too - I am so lucky to have her! I think it's my turn to make a big batch of something and drop off a container of it to her!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips