home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Creative Planning at the Habitat Restore





Yesterday I ventured downtown to check out the the Habitat Restore. I've known about this store for a while now, but never actually been. Since I'm dreaming up craziness for my daughter's room, I decided to attempt to find a handful of resources at reasonable prices. I was very impressed. The store is huge and has a large selection. They carry everything from lighting fixtures, to toilets, to paint! If you are the least bit handy, it's a place to dream.

I wandered around the store thinking, "What could I turn that into?" and "What could that be used for?" So many possibilities! I snapped several phone photos to show you the goods.

This swing sang to me as I walked by. It was humming softly, "I'd look great in your daughter's woodland room! Doesn't she need a place to sit and read to her woodland friends?" I was definitely lured by the tune, but sadly, decided it was a little too wobbly to make the cut. 

 Aren't these fun? Oh yes, for $20 I'll take you home. I have no idea exactly your purpose, but I am certain you'll look great when I figure it out!

If shabby chic is your thing then this store is the place to be. So many old windows and shutters! Wouldn't it be fun to make a room divider or a headboard with these? I may be making a trip back for a few. I'd love to place them on each side of my daughter's windows as a nice little accent. Sure would have been smart to take measurements with me on the first go-round!

I always thought the treasures to be found in the Restore would be old and worn, but that's not necessarily true. There were sections of brand new items, like french doors and very pricey (retail, that is) front doors all to be had at great prices! 
These unfinished beauties were $1 each! I showed restraint because my room plans are not quite to the place I need them to be before I go hog wild and take full advantage of these bargains. There will definitely be many more trips to the Habitat Restore in my future.

Speaking of...Elizabeth from The Mustard Ceiling scored 3 solid oak doors at her local Habitat Restore and used them to make kitchen counter tops. Isn't that savvy?

What about you? Is this a place you frequent? Drop me a line and let me know your favorite find!

If you're interested in design services, I'd love to work with you. Big projects or little projects...they're all fun! Contact me, so we can get started.

3 comments:

pam {simple details} said...

Amazing find for the room! Can't wait to see what you do with them! I need to check ours out, it looks like a place a diy girl would need to show restraint, for sure!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I wish I had a Restore close by....I'm excited to see what you do with those big circular thingamajigs! (they look like the vents that go on the peak of a house??) Maybe a piece of glass on top to make sidetables?? Hmmm how fun to mull over.

A room with a view said...

I have always wished for a store like this near me but not yet..so much to choose from.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips